My Favorite Quotes

This originally was posted in December 2007

Well, tonight I decided to re-post some material I have blogged on MySpace in the past year. I am starting with some of the earlier material, and in the future, I will post to both together to try and reach a wider audience.

"A greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
-John 15:13

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, ''Thy will be done,'' and those to whom God says, ''All right, then, have it your way.''
- C.S. Lewis

"I love you, not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you."
- Roy Croft

"Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
"Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again."
"It's a strange world of language in which skating on thin ice can get you into hot water."
- Franklin P. Jones

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path, and leave a trail."
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
"The glory of friendship is not in the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is in the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15."
"Trust, but verify."
- Ronald Reagan

"I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.".
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. "
- Jim Valvano

"Talent is God given; be thankful.
Praise is man given; be humble.
Conceit is self given; be careful."
-Dave Driscoll

"A diamond is nothing more than a piece of coal that did well under pressure."
- Unknown

"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live."
"There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past. "
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
- George Carlin

"Every now and then, I just like to stop, look up into the sky, and smile for a satellite picture."
"What's another word for Thesaurus?"
- Steven Wright

"I feel great, and I don't kiss bad either."
- me

"Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."
- Frank Outlaw

"Destiny is no matter of chance, it is a matter of choice."
-William Jennings Bryan

"No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor is the reward for what he gave."
-Calvin Coolidge

"I gotta have more cowbell! ... Guess What? I gotta a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell."
-Christopher Walken, as Bruce Dickinson on SNL


"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
"The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would hire them away."
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
-Ronald Reagan

"There are people of spirit, and there are people of passion. Rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
-Martin Buber

"Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life: it goes on."
- Robert Frost

"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains it's original dimensions."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Love is patient, love is kind...it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."
-1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NIV

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
-Abraham Lincoln

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Unknown (but often attributed to Albert Camus)

"After spending two years in Washington, I long for the realism and sincerity of Hollywood."
-Fred Dalton Thompson

"He that falls in love with himself, will have no rivals."
"He that is good for making excuses, is seldom good for anything else."
-Benjamin Franklin

"I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me."
-Dave Barry

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
-Martin Luther King

"Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught."
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
-Sir Winston Churchill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please James Dobson, Shut Up...

Health Care Debate (Part 2) Who's in charge here?

My Religion, Unplugged (Part 3)